Welcome to become a member
The Original Lapland association is a chain of small businesses operating in the Tornio River Valley, on the border between Finland and Sweden.
The right to use the Original Lapland logo and trademark
The Original Lapland logo and trademark are managed by the Original Lapland association. The Original Lapland logo tells consumers, companies and other stakeholders that the company is a responsible operator that shares the association’s values and promotes the region’s vitality. The joint logo improves customer awareness of the region and its companies and services, and makes companies more committed to collaboration, thereby strengthening the brand.
The right to use the logo is granted by Original Lapland. Companies and associations can apply for the right to use the Original Lapland logo in the marketing of their services and products. To be granted the right to use the logo, a company or association must undertake to comply with the joint criteria and the terms of the user agreement and pay the annual membership fee. The logo must not be given to a third party to use and it may not be altered (e.g. colours).
The company/association must submit an application to the Original Lapland association (Google Forms). Once the application has been approved, the company is sent the Original Lapland logo and brand manual in electronic format. The logo must not be changed.
Original Lapland has the sole right to manufacture official Original Lapland logo products (e.g. clothes, jewellery, souvenirs, stickers and badges). A company that has been granted the right to use the Original Lapland logo may sell these products.
The board of Original Lapland may terminate a company’s right to use the logo if the company’s conduct violates accepted standards of good taste, morals or the terms of the user agreement, or if the company fails to pay its membership fee.
Further information: email@example.com
Criteria for companies using the Original Lapland logo
Operating region and purpose
● The operations, services and products of the company/association must be supplied in the Original Lapland’s operating region, which stretches from the Tornio River Valley to Kilpisjärvi and encompasses areas in the two countries along the river – Finland and Sweden.
● The company/association must produce services and products that are related to the operating principles of Original Lapland.
● The company/association must undertake to comply with Original Lapland’s values and its rules that have been jointly crafted.
● The company/association must participate, when possible, in Original Lapland’s joint activities, such as projects and training, and learn about other businesses in the region and events for companies and associations.
● The company primarily collaborates with members of Original Lapland or other local companies that operate in a sustainable manner.
● The company undertakes to highlight the services and products of Original Lapland companies in its operations.
Marketing and communications
● The company/association must highlight Original Lapland in its communications, marketing and interactions with its customers in the following ways, for example:
○ it must make Original Lapland’s brochures, posters and other materials available in its offices and customer premises and offer them to customers
○ the company/association website must at least have a link to the joint website
○ it must add the Original Lapland logo to its materials (website, online stores, company brochures)
○ it tells its staff about Original Lapland’s activities and instructs them to provide customers with information on Original Lapland’s destinations, services and products.
● The company must strive to interact with its customers in line with Original Lapland’s values, for example by showing the region’s traditional hospitality and sharing stories about local traditions, history and way of life.
● At joint events, such as travel fairs and sales events, the company’s representative agrees to wear the official Original Lapland items of clothing equipped with the Original Lapland logo (if these are made available).
● The company strives to ensure that its customers behave in a safe and responsible manner during outdoor activities, which also helps them have the best possible experience.
● The company uses local products, services and raw materials whenever possible.
● The company strives to recycle and save energy.
● The company complies with the guidelines for ethical fishing and hunting.
● In collaboration with other companies, the company aims to bring up any problems or development areas on various forums and at events and bring them to decision-makers’ attention.
● To show its respect to itself and its employees, the company:
○ tells its story on its website and in its interactions with its customers
○ complies with labour laws and regulations
○ strives to sign permanent employment contracts
● The company does not discriminate against anyone because of religion, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity
● yritys huolehtii tilojen ja toimintojen turvallisuudesta esimerkiksi seuraavilla tavoilla
○ The company takes care of the safety of its facilities and operations for example in the following ways
it performs risk analyses and prepares safety plans when necessary, in line with the applicable guidelines issued by the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes).
○ it ensures that all of its employees that participate in the provision of its services have at least basic first aid (EA 1) skills.
Handicrafts must be primarily Finnish, made from Finnish raw materials, using natural materials when possible (exceptions can be approved depending on the intended use of the item). The products must primarily be designed in the region and they must be aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose so that they withstand their intended use. Products sold in a handicraft shop may not be factory-made or imported souvenirs.
Using wild ingredients, such as mushrooms, berries, meat and fish,
for food products and dishes is in line with Original Lapland’s values, promotes the region’s vitality and helps create jobs. Customers also appreciate such ingredients. Highlighting the region’s traditional recipes and dishes strengthens the Original Lapland brand. The Original Lapland logo can be used on such products.
If the product is packaged, the packaging must be environmentally friendly. The packaging must carry the Original Lapland logo.