THIS WE PROMISE TOGETHER
1. WE WORK FAIRLY TOGETHER
• We work without prejudice with all businesses, communities and individuals in the area.
• “The area” means the Original Lapland area shared by Sweden and Finland.
2. WE TAKE CARE OF NATURE AND ANIMAL
• We instruct our visitors to be safe in nature and act responsibly.
• We use what nature has to offer sustainably.
• We make sure that animals receive good and dignified care.
3. WE RESPECT OUR LOCAL CULTURE
• In this area, we speak our own dialect, meänkieli, that in Sweden is considered an official minority language and in Finland a Torne Valley dialect. Throughout this area, in spoken language we call our language meänkieli (Our language).
• We strengthen, respect and maintain meänkieli by using it actively and telling about it.
• Maybe you’d like to show your respect to meänkieli and learn a few phrases: ”Kuas solet? (Who are you?) Mistäs solet poissa? (Where are you from?) Sole poka mikhään!” (No worries or let’s take it easy)
4. WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER
• In our companies we respect each other:
– by sharing the company’s story with our customers and on our website
– by adhering to valid employment law and regulations
– by taking care of the entrepreneur’s and employees’ well-being
• We do not discriminate against anyone because of their religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or skin colour.
• We raise any issues and areas of development in various forums and occasions and bring them to the attention of decision makers.
5. WE PROMOTE LOCAL PRODUCTION
• We promote local foods and ingredients as well as handicrafts, materials and products as much as we can.
• We use local services as much as we can.
6. WE VALUE SAFETY AND QUALITY
• Companies adhere to valid safety and hygiene laws that apply to facilities, equipment, appliances and services.
• All the guides and instructors have at least basic first aid skills.
7. WE TAKE THE IMPACTS ON CLIMATE SERIOUSLY
• We recycle and save energy.
• We advise our guests to choose an environmentally friendly means of travel: www.perille.fi